Complete our online application form:
Along with your application, please attach a copy of:
1) Your most recent accounts. These should be audited or independently examined. Please apply to us at the time closest to your newest accounts having been signed and confirmed by your independent examiner
- 2) A newsletter or other documents which provide some background information about your charity
- If you would like to save your application to continue later, please click the ‘Save and Continue Later’ button at the bottom of the application form. You will be given a link which is valid for 30 days. You can also enter your email address to receive the link via email. Browsing to the link will take you back to the part-filled form.
- An automated email acknowledgement and a copy of your completed application form will be sent on successful completion of your online application. Please make sure you type your email address correctly and check junk/spam folders if the email is not received within 24 hours.
- Once this is received, please make two copies of your application form, accounts and any other documents and post them to:
Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust
- Please send by 1st or 2nd class post. The office is not always manned and so post needing a signature may become delayed.
What Happens Next?
On receipt of your completed application, the Administrator will process your papers for circulation to the Trustees for consideration. Please be aware that the Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust receives a large number of applications for its limited funds.
Donations are considered three times each year in spring, summer and winter, by a panel of up to 7 trustees and range from £1,000 to a normal maximum of £10,000. Smaller donations may be awarded between the meetings at the discretion of JSAWT’s Chair and Administrator.
Trustees and other contacts try to visit charities in their locality when time allows, in order to view the work of applicants and to monitor the results of donations given.
JSAWT encourages charities to maintain contact with it and is also pleased to receive updates on charities’ plans and activities.
Repeat applications from charities are encouraged, when further financial support might be given if funds allow.